Content is King! 72% of marketers say content increases engagement*. It is the most effective way to promote a business according the Content Marketing Institute. Unfortunately, coming up with a content marketing plan is often complex and time-consuming. In fact, 63% of businesses don’t have a content marketing plan and 32% of those that do think their strategy is fair to poor.* The main reason for this? Producing content is tough (60% of people find it hard to produce content consistently).*
Having a good idea of what content marketing consists of is a good first step.
1. Blogs- Blog posts are among the most shared content online. Blogs that produce the most shares are at least 3,000 words long.
2. Podcasts/Audio- Podcasts have become an important way to engage your audience. Infact, 40% of Americans listen to podcasts.*
3. Images- Posts on Facebook with a picture are three times as likely to be shared than those without. Infographics are great images for engagement with 84% of those using them finding them effective.*
4. Video- Video is the way fo the future for content marketing. Marketers who use video get 66% more leads per year. It’s predicted that by 2021 video will represent 82% of all internet traffic.*
5. Webinars- Webinars are fantastic arenas to cultivate leads. 87% of those who have used webinar fround them effective. 20-40% of webinar attendees become leads.*
6. Interactive Content- Interactive content engages your audience like no other. A good starting point is quizzes and contests.
7. Email Marketing- Email remains a popular way to communicate. In fact, 90% of Americans use email. A/B testing can boost email conversions by 49%!*
Good content needs to be customized to the business. Original, informative, trending content pieces work best for SEO and lead engagement.
Reused, non-original content will not only provide no results but can also get your business penalized by search engines.