Whether you already have a website and it’s not converting leads, or you need a website and don’t know where to begin, you’ve probably realized there’s a lot that goes into designing a site that will attract your target client. The design of your website is just as important a the content you put on it. First impressions are 94% design-related.* If your website isn’t visually appealing, potential clients won’t stay long enough to know what your content says.
Crucial mistakes to avoid in website design.
1. Not using visuals. 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual. Video and images are key.
2. Not having a call to action across the website. CTA’s are a crucial part of web design and should be strategically placed throughout the site.
3. Over-crowded web pages. When overcrowded, the space seems cluttered and unnavigable. Don’t over-use page elements.
4. Hidden Navigation. Make sure you page navigation is clearly displayed and has a consistent flow.
5. Off-putting typography. Keep your font use to a minimum and only use easy-to-read fonts.
6. No contact information. 44% of clients will leave a website with no contact information.
7. Not optimized for mobile. Optimizing for mobile is imperative with so many users now being mobile.
8. Slow loading. Web design effects the loading time of pages. Pages should load in 3 seconds or less.